Skip to main content

Where have I been?

I'm not much of a blogger...that's obvious.  For me, writing has always been an outlet, but this summer, I found myself unable to write and unable to comprehend.  I won't go into details, because those details are not important, but suffice it to say that God decided I needed some more work.  Like a hermit, I retreated back into my own world.  Those closest to me knew what was going on, but I found myself unable to share.

Sometimes when God works in your life, it is a wonderful thing and leaves you breathless at how amazing he is and how powerful he is.  You marvel at how intricately he weaves circumstances together and you feel so blessed to even be touched by him...but then sometimes when he works in your life, you are left wondering when the lesson will be over, when the pain will end and when all things will be resolved.

So...I've been in the desert for a while.  I believe I'm coming out on the other side now...but occasionally the hot dry climate pulls me back in for a day or two.  Yet, even though the desert is a hot, dry and seemingly lifeless place, I found the occasional oasis that gave me pause.  In the midst of not being able to see a way out, God would whisper to me, "Trust me!  Just trust me!"  I believed I did trust God, but now I understand a little more that trusting completely meant I had to let go.  That isn't an easy thing for me and I can't say I've conquered it, but I know God really does have all things under his control.

So I'm learning and growing.  It's not always fun or exciting.  Sometimes it's painful---but always...always beneficial to my relationship with my Lord.

Comments

  1. You have been such an encouragement to me this year. Even through a dry time for you. I'm thankful for your friendship! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

And yet...

I tend to avoid political rhetoric on any social media forum, but I am compelled to write a few brief thoughts and I hope you will really listen. As a life-long American, I grew up saluting the American flag, singing the National Anthem with pride and held dear in my heart all things patriotic and noble. I was taught to respect the office of President, regardless of who held the office. I was taught that voting was not only my civic duty, but that giving up my right to vote was paramount to spitting on the graves of the soldiers who had died to preserve my right to vote, my right to speak freely, and my right to worship as I chose. Honestly, not much of that has changed in my heart, but like many of you, my heart is wearied this season. Hopelessness? Yes. Fear? Yes. Anxiety over the future of our country? Yes. Honestly, regardless of which side of the political fence you fall on, these thoughts seem to be a common theme. Fear is the biggest one I see storming most of the ...

Throwing a Tantrum

You might be assuming by the title of this blog that I will be talking about 2 and 3 years old kids, but I'm not.  I'm talking about me.  Yep. You got that right.  Me.  I threw a pretty good tantrum a couple of weeks ago.  I was trying to pack up to leave for a weekend away and had gone to the laundry room to throw in a quick load of clothes I needed for the trip.  When I opened the washer, it was full of clothes.  I opened the dryer, which was also full of clothes. I then looked at the laundry basket and someone had taken MY clothes out of the dryer and thrown them in the laundry basket without me knowing it.  The clothes had not only been sitting there wadded up in the basket, but our lovely cat had decided that a basket full of clean clothes was the perfect place to nap.  While this is not the first time for this kind of incident in our home, I decided that day that it was to be the last time it would ever happen.  I started yelling...

Summer Reflections

Summer is over, well, sort of.  The temperature is still warm, but on the calendar, the first day of Fall is two weeks away.  Labor Day has officially signaled the end of summer.  Along with that, school has started, the school buses are rolling through my neighborhood, and the stores are putting out the fall and harvest decorations.  But like many summers, this summer raced away and was over before I realized what happened.  This morning I found myself yearning to get to my neglected garden.  It seems I do this every summer.  I start out strong in April, planting things and getting ready for the upcoming season, but by the end of June, I'm not so enthusiastic about gardening anymore.  The weeds insist on coming back and as the thermometer rises, my motivation decreases.  But today my garden finally had some attention from me. The thing I like about gardening is that it gives me some time to think, ponder and even pray at times.  I marv...